My client a large international Architectural & Engineering consultancy has an urgent requirement for a Senior Fire and Life Safety Specialist for their vibrant practice in Dubai.
If you feel you meet the requirements below, apply now and a member of the team will contact you to discuss.
- Master Degree or Bachelor Degree of Engineering from a recognized university for Fire Engineering specialty / Chartered Professional Engineer.
- Have an Education Equivalency Certification from United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education.
- Have min. 10+ years of previous experience with Fire and Life Safety Specialist consultant "House of Expertise" within the Building services industry in GCC.
- Knowledge of the International Building Codes and different GCC Building Codes such as UAE Fire & life safety code, Saudi Building Code, NFPA, IBC and British Standards.
- Experience in preparation of Fire Safety submissions to Dubai Civil defense and Abu Dhabi Civil defense.
- Experience in negotiating with authorities for approval on fire safety designs and proposals.
- Calculation of Occupant loads as per the codes.
- Experience in Specifying specific fixed fire protection systems, including automatic fire detection and/or suppression to support fire engineering design solutions.
- Can undertake a drawing review and note any non-compliances with some knowledge in the UAE fire code and NFPA 101.
- Experience in CAD and Revit.
- Ability to independently undertake project and technical analysis.
- Understanding and applying fire safety legislations, and undertaking fire safety risk assessments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines.
- Positive, can-do attitude and strong work ethic.